I’m getting ready to leave for Haiti in a few hours for my first large scale missions trip out of the country. The team I will be with is going to build houses for the earthquake ravaged country yet I know there will be so much more to this trip than construction.
This past Sunday I spoke at TAECC with a QUIT seminar. I don’t have time to fully unpack the steps to healing but wanted to remind those of you in attendance of the first steps to take.
- Own your choices. No matter how you came to the place of making the decision, be it naive, justified, logical or informed – it was still your choice. Own it.
- Break the mold. Get out of your box and realize you are so unique. Walk your own path.
- Coffin Effect. Stop playing the victim. Let others in and give back. There is only room for one in the coffin and with walls up around you you are not living a full life.
- Forgive. Forgive. Forgive. Remember that forgiving someone does not let them off the hook for their actions but it does severe the tie to remaining their victim. It is also the right thing to do. Give grace as it has been given to you. Forgiving yourself is the hardest but is essential.
- Know your lies. Understand and know your lies and start quitting them.
- Stand Up. Step Out. Move out of today and leave the past behind. Remember He makes all things new and does the work for us.
Today is the day. Don’t waste another hour or day on lies, pain and hurts. Move into who you were designed to be and remember He will bring more than you can ask or imagine.